Ordinary guy in an ordinary life living for an extraordinary God

Ordinary guy living an ordinary life for an extaordinary God

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Books Im reading..

I cant quite call it a "book review" but Im nearly a 100 pages in to the biography "Bonhoeffer:Pastor,Martyr,Prophet,Spy" by Eric Metaxas.Its pretty incredible reading about Bonhoeffers view of the German church of his day,the belief in cheap grace as he called it and his promotion and living out a costly grace.Im pretty impressed just reading of his ministry while in his early 20s and the maturity in which he handled working along side a less than enthused minister in a fledgling congregation.Im looking forward to reading more of his life and death and suspect that his life will challenge me in my spiritual walk.Check it out for yourself.

A couple more books that have encouraged (or in the last case,entertained) me:
If You Bite and Devour One Another by Alexander Strauch
So far a real good book handling conflict in the church body and relationships
Notes from the Tilt-O-Whirl By N.D. Wilson
What can I say but this will be required reading to my son as he is growing and required to read when he is able.Stop reading this and order Wilsons book.What are you still doing here?Go order Notes!
Valley of Vision Puritan Prayer book various authors
This prayer book has given me a real good insight of where I stand before my Creator
The Gun by Chris Childers
Yeah,you didnt expect to see this after all those^ but this is a pretty good history of  the gun that has been instrumental in building up and tearing down dictators and regimes since 1947 thee AK47

No comments:

Post a Comment